IBM WebSphere Foundation SWAT Team
kevin.grigorenko@xxxxxxxxxx
Blog: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/kevgrig/

Inactive hide details for "Tsvetkov, Krum" ---02/17/2015 04:01:18 AM---Hi Kevin, The second part of the question is easier, so "Tsvetkov, Krum" ---02/17/2015 04:01:18 AM---Hi Kevin, The second part of the question is easier, so I start with it - we shouldn't upload patche

From: "Tsvetkov, Krum" <krum.tsvetkov@xxxxxxx>
To: Memory Analyzer Dev list <mat-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 02/17/2015 04:01 AM
Subject: Re: [mat-dev] Are bug reports needed for Gerrit?
Sent by: mat-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Kevin,

The second part of the question is easier, so I start with it - we shouldn’t upload patches to bugzilla when we are using Gerrit.

>> should we still file bug reports to bugzilla before uploading to Gerrit
I’m not 100% sure on this one.
I would say “yes, we still need” but I wouldn’t like to make the process to difficult. It will be interesting to see some further opinions here.

Some (from my POV) advantages of having the tickets
    -          They document the intent to do some changes
    -          If we assign the issues properly (which I still don’t do), then a kind of release log will be auto-generated
    -          There was recently a discussion on the cross-project mailing list, that bugs can be mentioned in the Gerrit change, and then bugzilla tickets will get updated when a new change is made - https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/cross-project-issues-dev/msg11533.html

Krum