Re: [mat-dev] Find Class object by class name

I don't know of an elegant solution, but here are a few ideas:

1. Open Query Browser > List Objects > with outgoing references > Check "include class instance", although you will also get all instances.

2. Using OQL:

SELECT OBJECTS c FROM INSTANCEOF java.lang.Class c WHERE c.@displayName.contains("class org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger ")

--
Kevin Grigorenko
IBM WebSphere Foundation SWAT Team

Inactive hide details for Dacong Yan ---11/04/2014 03:59:18 PM---Hi, I'm using MAT to debug a permgen memory leak. I have foundDacong Yan ---11/04/2014 03:59:18 PM---Hi, I'm using MAT to debug a permgen memory leak. I have found it a

Dacong Yan <tonywinslow1986@xxxxxxxxx>

mat-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/04/2014 03:59 PM

[mat-dev] Find Class object by class name

    Sent by:

mat-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I'm using MAT to debug a permgen memory leak. I have found it a
constant pain to find Class objects by class name - I have to start
from the leaking classloader and click all the way through.

Question: say, I suspect there are two copies of A.class, how can I
find all the A.class objects? In other words, how can I find all the
Class objects who represent the class A?

Thanks,
Tony