[mat-dev] Reworked collection extraction API

Hi,

Sorry I've been a bit quiet about the Java EE queries recently, I got
snowed until with normal work. I've gotten back to extracting a usable
API for dealing with collections in heap dumps, which may be more
suitable to being made public (so can be used by my EE plugins).

I've ported by my EE queries and the standard collection queries over to
it (re-using as much existing implementation code as possible). I'm
currently running through the test suite to fix all the thing I've
broken. I'll post it for comment soon.

I'm not very familiar with Tycho's surefire runner, is there a way to
run a single test, or even better do so from within Eclipse? So far I
just have Eclipse invoking Tycho's test runner which means I have to
re-run the whole suite just to test a single fix.

While testing, I've also noticed some inconsistencies in how the
existing code behaves for various collections. For example the fill
ratio of a zero-length array and zero-length list are not the same (0.0
vs 1.0). Is it important to keep the current behaviour for things like
that?

--
James "Doc" Livingston
JBoss Support Engineering Group