[mat-dev] BHeapSampler memory analysis tool made public

Hello "mat-dev" list,

first let me emphasize the great work you did on the Eclipse Memory Analizer Tool. I enjoy it.

I recently made public a binary version of an inhouse development for analysis of large java heap dumps that I would like to present you. It's based on statistical sampling of memory-paths and the compilation of a class-level-graph showing the dominant structures.

Im looking for a discussion of the conceptual differences between a class-level-graph and MATs dominator tree and it's leak report. I've some remaining issues in creating a reasonable display of memory held by different referer paths, which relates to your discussion on the shallow an retained memory, and I've an issue in calculating appropriate instance counts for graph-nodes with not class-identity. Maybe a constructive discussion can sort this out, and maybe it's a short hack to add a class-level-graph to MAT?

Feedback welcome...

Get my tool at: http://dr-brenschede.de/bheapsampler

Regards,

Arndt