[m2t-dev] EMF 2.6 for Xpand 0.8.0?

Hi guys,

M2T Xpand is currently built against EMF 2.5. This is a good thing to
guarantee stability and compatibility for our users. However there's a nice
little feature that I would like to contribute to Xtend that requires EMF 2.6.

EMF 2.6 can now delegate the invocation of EOperations and the getter/setter
calls of EStructuralFeatures. It was pretty easy to come up with an
implementation that allows you to specify the behavior of operations and the
computation rules for derived properties (or even the behavior of non-trivial
setters) with Xtend :-) All you need is some annotations in the *.ecore file.
The behavior implementations themselves can either go inline into the ecore
file as well, or be specified externally in *.ext files (in order to make use
of content assist et al). I can check in a preview version if anyone is
interested.

Building everything against the EMF 2.6 SDK is probably not a good option,
since this requires the Eclipse Platform 3.6. It's probably too dangerous,
because we might accidentally introduce dependencies to EMF 2.6/Platform 3.6
code and break our clients. What do you think? Is there a way to do this
gracefully?

Cheers,
 Achim

Back to the top