Re: [m2t-dev] Xpand / MWE M3 Planning

Hi,

I'll be traveling on Monday evening, so I won't be able to attend. Here's the
status on my issues:

* Incremental generation is committed. I also included it in the build, but
since Sebastian moved the issue to M3, this may have been reverted. I am not
aware of this and I don't have any hard feelings about it ;-)
* Documentation is missing. I will try to work on this on my office Fridays.
I'm pretty much bound in a time-consuming project in Frankfurt at the moment.
* Tests run locally, but not on Hudson/Athena. This is due to the fact that
the workflow reads *and writes* files using a relative path. Since Athena
executes the tests from a different base location than Unit tests from the
workspace, I see no easy way to reconcile the two scenarios.
* I therefore sketched a Buckminster-based build for Xpand and I was able to
build the incremental generation feature and run the tests successfully with
this solution. There's still some work to do, but I will work on the
documentation first. Moreover, AFAIK there's no way with Buckminster to
include source bundles in the SDK feature. Mind you, Bucky is capable of
*building* source features and provide them in the resulting p2 repo, but it's
not yet possible to *include* that generated source feature in another
feature. It may be worth filing an enhancement request if this is desired.
* There was not time for chatting with Andre about the impact of the
incremental generation feature on the backend rewrite. Andre, I think you'll
get the idea from looking at the IncrementalGenerationCallback class (in the
o.e.xpand.incremental bundle) and the o.e.xtend.expression.VetoableCallback
interface. If you have any questions, drop me a line.

Cheers,
 Achim