Re: [m2t-dev] [backend] CVS code

Hi Laurent,

sorry - my mistake. Two projects (org.eclipse.xtend.backend.emftypes and ...xtendlib) are obsolete because they were merged into another project, but I forgot to remove their content in CVS. I just did that, so if you do a CVS update you should be fine.

If there are still problems after that, please do not hesitate to send another email.

Best regards

- Arno

Laurent Goubet schrieb:
Hi all,

I tried today to set up an environment and check up on the backend code. I then retrieved plug-ins :
- org.eclipse.xtend.middleend.*
- org.eclipse.xtend.backend.*
as well as the dependencies
- org.eclipse.xpand
- org.eclipse.xtend
- org.eclipse.xtend.typesystem.emf

The problem is ... there are compilation problems on many files of the backend and I cannot solve them event by downloading the whole set of plugins from /cvsroot/modeling/org.eclipse.m2t/org.eclipse.xpand/plugins.

These problems are mainly (classes are given as exemple since more than one show the same error) :
1) on org.eclipse.xtend.backend.xtendlib.XtendCollectionOperations :
unresolved import org.eclipse.xtend.backend.functions.java.AbstractExecutionContextAware ; this seems to have been moved to org.eclipse.xtend.middleend.javaannotations
2) on org.eclipse.xtend.backend.xtendlib.XtendLibContributor :
unresolved import org.eclipse.xtend.backend.functions.java.JavaFunctionClassContributor ; this one also seems to have been moved to org.eclipse.xtend.middleend.javaannotations ... yet if it has then it also changed and no longer presents the same constructors and will then provoke more compilation errors (unresolvable for a new comer such as I). 3) org.eclipse.xtend.backend.types.emf.EmfTypesystem does not implement all methods from interface org.eclipse.xtend.backend.common.BackendTypesystem

and some more compilation errors from all the classes of package org.eclipse.xtend.backend.types.emf.internal.

So the question is : is there any way for me to get a version of the backend that I won't have to patch before I can try and see how it can be used?

Thanks,
Laurent