Re: [m2t-dev] M2T backend update

Hi Arno,

in the wiki you wrote
"
Using extension points means that the middle end will always require both an OSGi container, and the Eclipse registry plugin. That is a significant increase in footprint, and it adds to configuration management complexity. The rationale that led to the decision is that the next version of the workflow engine will be built on top of OSGi anyway, and the Eclipse registry is not a big increase beyond that. The benefit of using extension points here on the other hand significantly simplifies the programming model.
"

I think we didn't yet decide that the next version of workflow will be OSGI-based, did we? IMHO it is a vital requirement to be able to run workflows without OSGi, which does not mean that we cannot support workflow execution within OSGi optionally.

The same applies to the backend: Maybe we should support execution within OSGI, but should also allow to use it without it.
OSGi adaption should therefore be located in it's own plugin.

I noticed that you introduced a priority field in order to specify preceedings using extension points. Although it seems that there is no better mechanism to do this, I don't like it.
I'ld always prefer to explicitely configuring the factories up-front.

This might be a matter of taste, but would be cool if my taste is supported ;-)

keep up the really good work,
Sven