Re: Languages backend was Re: [m2t-dev] Vote: MTL Component relaunch plan

Hi,

this backend is the code I was telling about in the last M2T telco. It
is a generic runtime environment for modeling languages, and an initial
version will probably go into CVS sometime next week or so. It is geared
towards interoperation between different languages as well as performance.

Initially it will be in the "Xpand" part of the M2T repository because
that is where it originates.

I plan to create documentation of the design ideas behind the backend in
the Wiki sometime soon, and I suggest we go from there. Feedback and
requests for modification or enhancements are explicitly very welcome!

- Arno