Re: [m2t-dev] JET Question

Thiru:

Thanks for your question.

The m2t-dev mailing list is intended for developer discussions. For questions about using M2T technologies, you should use the org.eclipse.m2t news group:

You'll need a password to post (this is an anit-spam measure). You can get one here:

http://www.eclipse.org/newsgroups/register.php

The like to the newsgroup is:

Or, you can use the Eclipse news portal:

http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/thread.php?group=eclipse.modeling.m2t

But, to answer you question. A two part answer:

1) If you are using M2T JET (also known as JET2), then no. JET2 has dependencies on the Eclipse workspace. As an alternative, you can run JET2 transformations from Ant (the jet.transform Ant task). You still would require Eclipse to run the ant build, but this can be done via the Eclipse command line:

  eclipse -application org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner ... standard Ant command line

2) If you are using JET that comes bundled in EMF (aka JET1), then the compiler generates a Java class that is independent of any Eclipse runtime, and you could use them in a Java program.

Paul

Paul Elder
IBM Rational Software
E-mail: pelder@xxxxxxxxxx

"Anugu, Thiru" <thiru.anugu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: m2t-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Please respond to
Model to Text <m2t-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<m2t-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[m2t-dev] JET Question

Hi All,

I have a question on JET templates. Can we execute JET template through command prompt in Java? I want to create a JAR archive with JET templates and should able to run from command prompt;

Ex: > java –jar JET_file_name.jar.

Thanks & Regards,
-Thiru X 6548