Re: [m2m-iwg] Project leads call tomorrow Tuesday Apr 1st 3pm CEST/9am EDT

Hi Benjamin,

>>I currently distribute .debs for mosquitto and would love to do so
>>through Eclipse (the foundation) properly. Likewise rpms, although the
>>opensuse build service already provides a very good solution for that.
>
> So what would you need for achieving this? Is the challenge mainly around
> signing? Sorry I am not very familiar with Linux packaging yet...

It depends on how properly you want to do it :) I generate the deb
packages myself and they are signed by my gpg key because I'm the
person in the changelog - that's how it works. Once I have the
packages for all the architectures I want to support I use the
reprepro tool to store them in the repository and generate any other
required files. This gets me a directory structure that is a proper
debian repository, can be made available via a webserver and which a
user can be added to their package manager and so updates can be
retrieved very easily. My debian repository is at repo.mosquitto.org.
It's quite straightforward, but definitely a bit tedious. An automated
setup would make my life easier for sure. As well as individual
packages being signed by the creator of the package, the repo has a
signing key for its state.

I know much less about the rpm side of things, like I say I just use
build.opensuse.org because it's so easy to generate packages for lots
of rpm based distributions at once.

Cheers,

Roger

Back to the top