Re: [m2m-iwg] Project leads call tomorrow Tuesday Apr 1st 3pm CEST/9am EDT

Hi Roger,

>The thing that would be of most use to me, infrastructure wise, is
>access to a Mac OS X machine for building/testing.

There are hudson slaves that can be used for testing for the Mac already.
I will check with Eclipse webmaster what would be necessary to actually
perform builds on these machines (my guess is you *can* but we don¹t want
because the machines wouldn¹t scale for building several projects)

>I currently distribute .debs for mosquitto and would love to do so
>through Eclipse (the foundation) properly. Likewise rpms, although the
>opensuse build service already provides a very good solution for that.

So what would you need for achieving this? Is the challenge mainly around
signing? Sorry I am not very familiar with Linux packaging yet...

>Either way, I think it is crucial to provide an easy route for people
>to get updates and unfortunately my experience of packaging is that
>although not trivial, producing correct and useful packages is the
>easy part - getting them accepted and updated into distributions is
>hard work.

Totally agreed. I would be happy to help get the packages accepted
upstream (but keeping them up-to-date is also a challenge, as you mention)

Thanks Roger,
Benjamin.

Back to the top