Re: [m2m-iwg] New Eclipse IoT Logo

Thank you everyone for the feedback. It is always interesting to see the different impressions on the different concepts.

It seems to me that the general consensus is for A or B.

For A, I like how the chosen font shows connectedness of the letters. It is also very clean and simple. I do see how people might see a ‘1’ and in fact the o could be a ‘0’. However, 1 and 0 are symbols of computers so I am not sure if that is bad?

For B, I like the symbolism created by the squares to represent a network. The arrow is a bit odd but we could change that. I worry that the font chosen can be read as ‘lot’. We might be able to fix that with using a smaller ‘i’ and a more distinctive dot on top of the ‘i’.

My recommendation would be that we proceed with A. We should ask the graphic designer to make sure the dot is distinctive to ensure people see an ‘i’. We can also ask him to experiment with the squares from B to have the sensor network symbolism but not a chimney.

Thoughts?

Ian