Re: [m2m-iwg] Thingtrack wants to participate

Carlos,

Thank you very much for your e-mail and offer to participate and contribute. It definitely looks like you have a lot in common with this group.

I am not sure if you have specific ideas of where you would like to contribute but I can suggest a few starting points:

1)      Please feel free to provide feedback, bugs, patches to any of the specific projects, like Paho for MQTT and Virgo. I am sure the projects would appreciate your contributions.

2)      We are always interested in hosting innovative open source projects, especially in the M2M space so if that is a possibility I would be happy to work with you on this.

3)      Your company would also be welcome to join the Eclipse M2M Working Group. To join, you would need to become a member of the Eclipse Foundation, which is similar to joining the OSGi Alliance.

I’d also encourage you to submit a session proposal for our upcoming EclipseCon Europe. The call for papers is open now so it might be a great opportunity for you to talk about what Thingtrack has accomplished with Virgo and MQTT in the M2M space.

Finally, if it makes sense I would be happy to have a phone call with you to go through any of these options or explore other ways Thingtrack could participate.

Thank you again for the offer to participate. I look forward to working with you.

Regards,

Ian Skerrett
Eclipse Foundation