Re: [m2m-iwg] Two Questions on OMA if I may....

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 2:45 PM, Tam, Mimi K <mimi.tam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi folks,

I venture to post these 2 questions on this email list because of the OMA DM simulator that I read about for the Koneki project. I hope someone can provide me with some info on this.

My questions are:

What is OMA's standard way to get the hardware profile (e.g. what kind of board, whether there is a USB, serial port, etc; protocols that it supports, whether there is a camera, GPS, etc. - i.e. hardware (device) capabilities)) from OEM's who know the hardware manifest.

What is OMA's standard way of handling multiple configurations (e.g. sensor config) for a certain type of hardware? Which OMA protocol will provide the conversation between the OMA DM and the Enterprise App that is talking to the hardware? Would it be the OMA Client-side API Framework? If so, what is the mechanism for OMA to query and get the hardware configs from the board itself?

Hope my questions are somewhat clear.

Many Thanks...Mimi

Hi Mimi,
I don't know exactly the answer to your question, but the OMA standardized some object in the standard tree.
Perhaps one will fits your need.

Julien

Back to the top