Re: [m2m-iwg] MQTT <-> REST+websocket mapping

Il giorno sabato 16 marzo 2013, UOMo ha scritto:
Matteo,

Thanks for the reply. So it's all _javascript_ based?

Yes. From my benchmarks it has 13% more latency for a 'round trip' in respect to mosquitto. I believe it is quite fine, and it might get better with node v0.10.
It should scale better on multiple machines, but I have no data yet.

I guess it'll require broader support and help of the Paho project, but I imagine something similar based on JSRs for REST, JSON or WebSockets in pure Java could also be of interest?

Node is a extremely fast environment for prototyping binary protocols and solutions, and this is is one man job :).
My goal is to define an API, and to study how to port the IoT to the web.
After defining the API, the programming environment is not really relevant.

P.s.: You are not coming to Codemotion in Rome next week by any chance?

Unfortunately not. I am a Ph.D. student and I am spending a semester abroad in Galway, Ireland.
I held a talk about QEST at the previous edition of Codemotion in Venice.

 The conference has massive Git and Github mention, too, and I together with Spec Lead Anatole from JSR 354 will speak about that. Also an outlook on how UOMo Business will use the JSR.

That's cool. I am in the technical committee of Codemotion Rome, so I have even reviewed your abstract :).
I am thinking about submitting a talk/going to Codemotion Berlin. Are you planning to go there as well?

Cheers,

Matteo

Cheers,
Werner