Re: [m2m-iwg] Why Lua? Why not Java as its done by Google for Android?

Hi Amjath

Thanks for this feedback.

I know Benjamin and the Koneki and Mihini guys will have much better things to say around Lua as an embedded scripting language. It's relatively fast and easy to learn, compilable, embeddable as a runtime inside other C binaries, etc.

More importantly - there's no "lock-out" here. One of the reasons we are pushing for as broad a range of client APIs as possible around the protocol (MQTT/Paho) is that we recognise that a range of requirements exist, and the latest version of the Paho MQTT client in particular has fixes that should make it even more suited for use on the Android Dalvik runtime.

Looking forward to your feedback and contributions!

Andy