Re: [m2m-iwg] FYI: The Internet of Things Consortium

anyone responded to their email address pointing out our concerns / interest in participating / protocol thoughts?

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 10:45 PM, Mike Milinkovich <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

“Ugh” is a good summary of my reaction as well :)

From: Rick Bullotta [mailto:rick.bullotta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: January-07-13 5:35 PM
To: mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx; m2m Industry Working Group
Subject: RE: [m2m-iwg] FYI: The Internet of Things Consortium

Thanks for sharing, Mike.

Interesting and annoying at the same time.  To declare home automation as “M2M” is exactly why terms like M2M and “Internet of Things” need to be segmented.  Forgive my skepticism, but I can’t envision the home/media automation crew designing M2M protocols that will work optimally for a connected insulin pump, a 20,000 KVA transformer, or an urban traffic network…

Ugh.

Rick