De : "Werner Keil" <werner.keil@xxxxxxx>
Pour : "m2m-iwg@xxxxxxxxxxx" <m2m-iwg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Objet : [m2m-iwg] OMA-DM?
Date : lun., nov. 19, 2012 23:14

Hi,

When pointing to the IWG page from the DemoCamp Wiki I noticed, another
protocol mentioned there. OMA-DM.
It sounds up to its name (Oma in German means Grandma;-) as it mentioned the
old notion of "PDA" or "Palm Top" and seems to have been created around
Palm's heydays or  soon after.

A JSR was also proposed, even created, but the EG never got active, so  it
was withdrawn in absense of interest last year:
http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=233

Why is the IWG suddenly interested in that and where is it currently used?
I'd like to know about real life use cases before mentioning it or updating
the slides.

Thanks,
Werner