[m2m-iwg] Mihini - Lua Application Framework project proposal

All,

I am very happy to share with you the proposal for a new Eclipse project [1], that we think will be a great addition to what already is available at Eclipse in terms of tools (Koneki) and communication protocols (Paho) for M2M.
The goal of Mihini is to provide an embedded runtime that exposes Lua API that a developer can use to build M2M application easily. The APIs that Mihini will expose aim at facilitating the access to the network, the manipulation of the I/Os, smart transmission of M2M data, … and they should also allow to manage (start/stop/update…) the different applications running on a system.
I believe this is a great opportunity for the IWG at large to seed the discussions on the definition of an M2M framework with a first concrete implementation.

I am very much looking forward to hearing your feedback on this proposal, as well as to answer any questions you may have.
We will be using the upcoming weeks to collect community feedback, and gather interested parties (FWIW there is also a dedicated thread [2] on Eclipse Proposals forum), so please feel free to share your thoughts!

Also, I'd be happy to discuss the proposal further during our weekly call next Tuesday.

Regards,
Benjamin

Back to the top