From:        Benjamin Cabé <bcabe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        m2m Industry Working Group <m2m-iwg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        04/03/2012 10:47 AM
Subject:        [m2m-iwg] Project specific discussions during weekly calls
Sent by:        m2m-iwg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi there,

I am not sure I have been clear at the beginning of today's call, hence this quick note. It seems to me that there is more and more Paho-specific stuff (IP process, discussions on specific threads of paho-dev…) discussed during our calls.
This is really great to see that Paho is getting off the ground nicely (and I do mean it!), but I'd really like us to focus the weekly call on what matters to the group at large. Project-specific items should be discussed during project's calls, or on the dedicated mailing-lists/forums. In general, the project updates during our weekly calls should not last more than a couple minutes, unless there is specific cross-project stuff to discuss.
In addition, there have been quite many feedbacks already (inc. Bosch during the kick-off meeting IIRC) saying that the group is very MQTT-centric, and this is clearly not helping…

I'd really want us to start promoting a larger vision. Having a common understanding (==use cases and m2m model) of the problems we want to tackle, and how we want to do it, is what we should be focused on. MQTT certainly is an important piece of the puzzle of course, but the developer portal, sandboxes, tools… are much more important IMHO.

Hopefully the marketecture document and the vision statement will help clarifying all this…

Just my 2 cents…
Regards,
m2m-iwg mailing list
m2m-iwg@xxxxxxxxxxx