Re: [m2m-iwg] Chair for the M2M IWG

The main responsibility for the chair is to run the meetings and setting the agenda.

Ian

On 2/24/2012 11:49 AM, Benjamin Cabé wrote:
Hi Ian,

Can you please elaborate about the role of the chairperson? This is not very clear in the IWG process document.

Thanks!
Benjamin.

De : Ian Skerrett <ian.skerrett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Répondre à : m2m Industry Working Group <m2m-iwg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date : Fri, 24 Feb 2012 08:42:17 -0800
À : "m2m-iwg@xxxxxxxxxxx" <m2m-iwg@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Scott de Deugd <dedeugd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Objet : [m2m-iwg] Chair for the M2M IWG

One thing we need to do for the M2M IWG is recruit and select a chairperson.   The working group process document stipulates the chair needs to be an employee of an Eclipse Foundation strategic or enterprise member company.   IBM is the only company on the steering committee that falls into this category.  Therefore, I would like to suggest Scott de Deugd take on the role of IWG chair.   I have discussed this with Scott and he is willing to take on the role.

I suggest we add this as an agenda item for our meeting next Tuesday.

Regards,
Ian

--
Ian Skerrett