Re: [m2m-iwg] EclipseCon 2012 talk proposal

I agree it looks very good.

From:        "Mike Milinkovich" <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        "'m2m Industry Working Group'" <m2m-iwg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        11/10/2011 05:28 PM
Subject:        Re: [m2m-iwg] EclipseCon 2012 talk proposal
Sent by:        m2m-iwg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Benjamin,

I actually like it as is. Nicely done.

From: m2m-iwg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:m2m-iwg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Benjamin Cabé
Sent:
November-10-11 4:35 PM
To:
m2m-iwg@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:
[m2m-iwg] EclipseCon 2012 talk proposal

Hi all,

The deadline to submit EclipseCon 2012 talks is approaching, and I'd really want us to have a talk there where we can promote our activities and our roadmap (even though it is still sth we need to work on, we can certainly anticipate a bit regarding where we think we'll be by the end of March 2012)

Below is a draft of a proposal, for a 35-min talk in the "Community" track.

Title:
M2M and IoT, or why Eclipse loves acronyms!
This is supposed to be a catchy title, but I would understand If you'd prefer something simpler… ;-)

Abstract:
Machine-to-Machine (M2M) technologies (you may have also heard of the "Internet of Things") are getting more and more common nowadays. Think of the telematics system embedded in your car, which sends an SMS with your current GPS position in case of accident, or the home automation system you may have at home which allows remote management using a smartphone application. These are two examples of M2M solutions among many others. When it comes to development, these applications require many steps: embedded software development, industrial protocols manipulation, client/server communication using bandwidth efficient protocols, storing of the collected data on a scalable infrastructure, integration in enterprise systems, etc.

Back in November, a set of industrial partners decided to create an M2M Industry Working Group at Eclipse to address the main obstacle to M2M market growth: many incompatible platforms and protocols are available, and developers are forced to continually reinvent solutions that have already been created.

Join this session to learn more about the activities of the M2M Industry Working Group, its roadmap, and learn more about the Eclipse Technology projects that this Working Group is coordinating: Koneki and Paho.

Please give feedback on this draft, and let's try to agree on the final proposal during our talk on Tuesday, so as we can submit it to the Program Committee before Nov, 18th.
And of course, there should also be submissions regarding Paho and Koneki!

Cheers
Ben —

Benjamin Cabé ::  Open Source Community Manager

SIERRA WIRELESS :: AirVantage Business Unit
Main  +33 5 61 00 52 90  ::  Direct  +33 5 61 00 06 41  ::  Fax  +33 5 61 00 51 46
Lake Park  ::  Zac de l'Hers - Allée du Lac - BP 87216 :: 31672 Labège Cedex, France

BCabe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :: www.sierrawireless.com