Re: [m2m-dev] ACG Compilation

Hello,

Answers below:

Le 20/04/2010 11:14, Meer, A.P. van der a écrit :

Hello,

On Februari 17, I posted on the M@M forum about a problem I had with the ATL compiler. Based on the lack of response, I assume his area is not a priority, which I can understand, but leads me to try to fix it myself. I think I have located the problem in the ATL.acg, and I want to try some possible fixes. This means I have to compile the ATL.acg to some .asm, so I can use it to replace the existing compiler asm.

Thanks for this initiative :-)

I have two questions here:

1)      Is the ACG file linked from http://wiki.eclipse.org/ACG still current? Is it the right starting point?

Yes, this is the good one

2)      What is the easiest what to compile ACG files? I currently try to use ACG.asm with the launcher, but I haven’t been very successful with it. I’ve tried installing TCS using the update site, but that fails because of a missing ANTLR wrapper. Is there some documentation that I’m missing?

The easiest way is to use another installation with the latest valid ATL + TCS combination, which can be found here:
http://atlanmod.emn.fr/www/tcsdemo/20081103/

Then you will be able to compile those projects: http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.m2m/org.eclipse.m2m.atl/dsls/?root=Modeling_Project
The ATL.asm aside the ATL.acg file will be automatically rebuild. Finally, to test, you have to replace the file below by the new ATL.asm one (as you said previously):
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.m2m/org.eclipse.m2m.atl/plugins/org.eclipse.m2m.atl.engine/src/org/eclipse/m2m/atl/engine/compiler/atl2006/resources/ATLToASMCompiler.asm?root=Modeling_Project&view=markup

Best regards,

William

Regards,

   Arjan van der Meer

begin:vcard
fn:William Piers
n:Piers;William
org:Obeo
adr:2 rue Robert Schumann;;lot 24;NANTES;;44408;France
email;internet:william.piers@xxxxxxx
title:MDA Consultant
tel;work:+33 (0)2 51 13 50 53
url:http://www.obeo.fr