Re: [m2m-dev] [QVT(Declarative)] IMP-based editors and builders

Hi Ed,

Everything seems perfect in what you described there. Are you still on using IMP for the editors ?

Regards,

Quentin

Ed Willink a écrit :
Hi Quentin, Radek et al

I now have revised all the UMLX editors to use IMP to provide the editing
functionality subject to configuration by an Editor definition model that
can in due course be changed on the fly by user preferences. The text editing
is replaced, the LPG-based CST, AST parsing is re-used and a common editing
framework supports each of the following by very thin customisations.
	- KM3 was handy to practice on
	- QVTc and QVTr are what we really want
	- OCL comes for free since QVTc and QVTr extend its folding/outlines/...

I'm now sorting out the builder.

The UMLX editors had the following behaviour
	Most recently loaded/saved input file in e.g. wherever/foo.qvtc
	Cached input file in e.g. .tmpdir/foo$qvtc
	Built output in e.g wherever/foo.qvtcore or wherever/foo.eqvtcore

The .tmpdir copy was necessary because I wasn't clever enough to figure
out how to compile an in-memory document. IMP shows me how easy this is,
so the .tmpdir copy will vanish.

Dropping 'binary' files in the 'source' folder is convenient during
development but not really very well-behaved.

IMP would like to put the 'binary' files in a /bin/ folder. This
seems much cleaner and more JDT-compatible.

I think we should aspire to a JDT-like Property Pages in which source
and binary folders are configured and libraries and paths and ...

Quentin: Does this make sense with regard to whatever you're doing with
execution?

Users would no doubt find it easier if QVTo too had equally JDT-like
configuration.

Radek: Is there an opportunity for sharing development here? Have you
already done this?

    Regards

Ed Willink

begin:vcard
fn:Quentin GLINEUR
n:GLINEUR;Quentin
org:Obeo - Model Driven Company;Research and Development
adr;quoted-printable:;;2 rue Robert Schumann;Rez=C3=A9;;44400;France
email;internet:quentin.glineur@xxxxxxx
title:MDA Consultant
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.obeo.fr