Re: [m2m-dev] QVT models component

Hi Ed,

I developed QVTR thanks to UMLX EQVT model. This model is interesting for its strict conformance to the specification (even if I think some points of the official abstract syntax are an aberration).

However, I am surprised by your proposition of migration in the *infrastructure* component. Such abstract syntaxes are related to a language (and therefore to the corresponding M2M component): I don't think I'll have any use of a QVT-OM metamodel for the implementation of QVT-R (I know the contrary might be false) and I think ATL has nothing to deal with any one of them!

Therefore, the *infrastructure* should not be the place for it.
But I would be glad that you contribute the EQVTR model to the QVT Relations component.

Regards,
Quentin GLINEUR

Ed Willink a écrit :
Hi all

At EclipseCon it appeared that the QVT and EQVT models that are currently maintained
as part of the GMT UMLX component are of widespread use; QVT-OM, QVT-R, UMLX and also
by Open Canarias and possibly MediniQVT.

This functionality could therefore be usefully migrated to a/the M2M InfraStructure component.

The scope of the contribution available now could be:
	Provide accurate (EMOF-based) QVT models
	Provide accurate (Ecore-based) EQVT models
	Provide the Ecore-based to/from EMOF-based adapter support
Additional functionality not yet available could provide
	convenience functions such as getXXX(String name)
	tailored ItemProvider labels
	EValidators

The scope of the contribution should exclude
	Text editing support
	Text parsing
	Compiling
	Optimisation
	Debugging
	Graphics
until any useful shared functionality in those areas is separately agreed.
    Regards

Ed Willink

begin:vcard
fn:Quentin GLINEUR
n:GLINEUR;Quentin
org:Obeo - Model Driven Company;Research and Development
adr;quoted-printable:;;2 rue Robert Schumann;Rez=C3=A9;;44400;France
email;internet:quentin.glineur@xxxxxxx
title:MDA Consultant
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.obeo.fr