[m2m-atl-dev] ATL Parser/Compiler performance: generate code for ATL.ecore andHEADmaster Problem.ecore

Dear devs,

At HealthConnect we've been suffering from slow ATL parser and compiler performance for a while now. Splitting up ATL files only gets you so far, and a complete project rebuild takes half a minute. JMGauthier's comment on http://modeling-languages.com/whats-wrong-with-atl-or-model-transformation-languages-in-general/ triggered some action on my behalf.

I did some profiling of where most CPU time was spent during parsing and compiling, and found that it was because of the reflective Ecore model for ATL (and Problem). Therefore, I've gone ahead and generated (minimal) code for ATL.ecore and Problem.ecore:

http://git.eclipse.org/c/mmt/org.eclipse.atl.git/commit/?id=9496f0f2e889dd77a3497674624543b74a11122c

This should not change anything in the ATL API, so no breaking changes. If you have any comments, please let me know!

Kind regards,
Dennis Wagelaar

Back to the top