[m2m-atl-dev] How to Genenerate UML Model from some Other Models

Hi Friends
  I am felling problem in assigning type to UML class diagram attribute. Consider the example

helper def: primitiveTypeMap : Map(String, String) =
Map {
('String', 'pathmap://UML_LIBRARIES/UMLPrimitiveTypes.library.uml#string'),
('Integer', 'pathmap://UML_LIBRARIES/UMLPrimitiveTypes.library.uml#int'),
('Boolean', 'pathmap://UML_LIBRARIES/UMLPrimitiveTypes.library.uml#boolean'),
('Comment', 'pathmap://UML_LIBRARIES/UMLPrimitiveTypes.library.uml#string')
};
 lazy rule CreateAttribute{
from
de : DDMM!DataElement
out : CDMM!Property(
name <- de.name,
defaultValue <- new_dValue,
visibility <- #public,
        type <- new_dataType  ),
new_dValue:CDMM!LiteralString(
value<- de.getElementValue(de)
)
,
new_dataType : CDMM!PrimitiveType(
           name <- thisModule.primitiveTypeMap.get(de.valueSpecification.name)

)
}
Here CDMM is a UML Metamodel and i want to create a property for a class but i cannot find a way how to assign primitive type or user define type for property. In the above i want to create property for my each defined data element. In XMI , if i assign type in this way then generated output is like that.

Excerpt of Output File :

<ownedAttribute xmi:id="_yor48TIKEd226PNED25asQ" name="TelephoneNumber" visibility="public" type="_yo1p8DIKEd226PNED25asQ">
        <defaultValue xmi:type="uml:LiteralString" xmi:id="_yor48jIKEd226PNED25asQ" value="false"/>
      </ownedAttribute>

<uml:DataType xmi:id="_ymTTUzIKEd226PNED25asQ" name="pathmap://UML_LIBRARIES/UMLPrimitiveTypes.library.uml#string"/>
  <uml:DataType xmi:id="_yo1p8DIKEd226PNED25asQ" name="pathmap://UML_LIBRARIES/UMLPrimitiveTypes.library.uml#boolean"/>
  <uml:DataType xmi:id="_ynfmIzIKEd226PNED25asQ" name="pathmap://UML_LIBRARIES/UMLPrimitiveTypes.library.uml#int"/>
  In this UML data Type produces repeatedly , can anyone help me out to sort that issue. or any example in whihc UML model is generated from some other model for instance table2Class etc I am a new user in ATL .

i am feeling problem in generating UML model from other models. I want to generate  UML!Class and want to add primitive (for instance string) type owned attribute with some name. Though class is generated but the problem is in specifying type of owned attribute.I cant find a way  to specify type of owned attribute.

Can anyone have the idea about that.

Atif Aftab Ahmed Jilani

Back to the top