[m2e-wtp-dev] Locked file handles in windows

Hello!
In our project I cannot run maven clean while Eclipse is running. The cause is, that the Eclipse-java process holds a handle on:

<myproject.ear>\target\m2e-wtp\ear-resources\META-INF\application.xml
<myproject.ear>\target\m2e-wtp\web-resources\META-INF\maven\<myproject>\<myproject.ear>\pom.xml
Even if I clear those files manually while Eclipse is down, they are immediately recreated & locked on startup.

How can I either move those files outside the target-directory or prevent m2e-wtp from locking and hogging them forever?

Besides m2e-wtp there are more files locked, that keep maven from cleaning the target subdirectories:
<myproject.api.feature>\target\feature.xml
<myproject.client.site>\target\site\site.xml
<myproject>\target\<myproject>\index.html
<myproject>\target\<myproject>\WEB-INF\web.xml
<myproject>\target\generated-sources\wsdl\TagService.wsdl
<myproject.ear>\target\application.xml
<myproject.test>\target\surefire-reports\TEST-<myclass>.xml

I'd love to hear any pointers how to solve the other file locking issues ...

Thanks
Holger

Back to the top