From: Fred Bricon [mailto:fbricon@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2012 1:59 PM
To: General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues.
Subject: Re: [wtp-dev] New m2e JavaEE configurators from JBoss Tools (minus JPA)

Dev call minutes available at : http://wiki.eclipse.org/M2E-WTP_DEV_MEETINGS#06.2F12.2F2012

If you think I forgot something or see any errors, please don't hesitate to edit the page.

Regards,

Fred Bricon

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 3:49 PM, Neil Hauge <neil.hauge@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Fred,

It's great to here of the contribution and the progress you are making.  One thing we can talk about on the call is starting to align m2e-wtp with the WTP schedule.  As what I hope becomes a part of the larger WTP offering, we will likely need to get m2e-wtp aligned with the general WTP release schedule.  This will ideally involve offerings for the yearly simultaneous release, as well as specific maintenance releases to support the SR's.  Having an active maintenance stream and a dev stream for the next major release is part of the standard process, and is necessary for the stability of the released codebase.

As a result, I would think that 0.17.0 should be an Eclipse Juno based release, and should not be concerned with the Kepler code base at this time.  I understand that this may not be possible yet, but we can discuss on the proposed call.

This is part of the consequences/trade-offs of Dali's evolving provisional API.   There are many benefits, but also a cost.  The Dali team is ready to assist in any provisional API migration when the need arises.   I also planned to notify of these changes on milestones on dali-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx but have missed the last two milestones.  Tune into dali-dev for additional change notification.  For what it is worth, my intention is that the Kepler release will be the last major evolution of the provisional API's.

Neil