Re: [m2e-wtp-dev] Preparing m2e-wtp 0.16.0 release

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 4:08 PM, Chuck Bridgham <cbridgha@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sounds good Fred,

I see the error you are encountering... did you set the project plan in the portal tools?  (I'm guessing you did...)  I have seen issues lately on automatic updates to the website.
Yes I did

Hopefully Wayne can help you out there.

In any case I saw you added that the release is aligned with the Kepler Release Train...  Is this true?    Shouldn't it be aligned with the Juno SR1 Release Train?

Indeed, it should more appropriately mention Juno SR1. I hope we'll hop on board the Kepler release train after that :-)

Thanks - Chuck

Senior Architect, RAD Java EE Tools, WTP PMC Lead
IBM Software Lab - Research Triangle Park, NC

From:        Fred Bricon <fbricon@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc:        Wayne Beaton <emo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        09/11/2012 06:07 AM
Subject:        [m2e-wtp-dev] Preparing m2e-wtp 0.16.0 release
Sent by:        m2e-wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,

I'd like to initiate the release process for m2e-wtp. The goal is to release 0.16.0 on sept 28th, to match the Juno SR1 release train.
- Wayne, could we set up a date for the review?
- The IP Log is ready to be submitted, I'm just waiting to get the date from Wayne.
- I've added the project plan to https://www.eclipse.org/m2e-wtp/plan.xml, updated the project meta data, but somehow the plan can not be rendered on http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=technology.m2e.m2e-wtp even though the xml validates properly in the XML Editor. Anyone has a clue?
- I'll wait till Friday to release a last Release Candidate, containing fixes from Marcos and Roberto. I'm still waiting for some info from Pascal Rapicault to make m2e-wtp updateable from m2eclipse-wtp (build issue) and also waiting from the webmaster to be able sign jars from eclipse.org. Worst case scenario, I'll ask Igor or Carl to sign the jars for me.
- I started working on the release documentation, I propose we do a preliminary review on a call this Friday (details will follow).

If you have any questions/comments/ideas, I'm listening :-)

Regards,

Fred Bricon