[m2e-users] Endless updating and rebuilding - how to stop this frenzy?

I fear I have stepped into the infamous endless rebuild loop that already drove thousands of Eclipse users away to IntelliJ.

I am experiencing HOURS-long “Updating Maven Project” & Rebuilding Workspace loops which only end up again in all projects being marked with a red marker “Project configuration is not up-to-date with pom.xml Select Maven -> Update bla-bla….” Just before seconds later this whole thing starts again. This is clearly unacceptable!

When I unfold the user operations it seems that there are mainly JPA Facet File Change Event Handler and - to a lesser extent – JPA Project Change Event Handler waiting and running – and on top always “Updating Maven Project”.

While my projects do use JPA I haven’t anything JPA/Hibernate/DB-related for weeks! So why does this suddenly run havoc?

What are the steps to do and settings to tick off or change to break out of this vicious loop?

Back to the top