[m2e-users] Imported Maven project from git repo, doesn't have "Maven Dependencies" library

Using latest Oxygen.

I started working on a new project today.  The initial state is basically an archetype, with a buildable Maven project.  I was able to build it successfully from the command line.  When I imported the project in Eclipse, either by right-clicking on the git repo or by importing "Existing Maven Projects" I ended up with a slightly schizo project.  It appears to think it's a Maven project, with the "m" and "J" in the icon, and a Maven context menu, but in the "Java Build Path" section of the project properties, there is no "Maven Dependencies", and I'm getting lots of red marks for dependencies of the project.  I tried manually adding "Maven Managed Dependencies" as a library, but it says "use Maven Project settings to configure Maven dependency resolution".

Suggestions?

Back to the top