Re: [m2e-users] Java 9 and JUnit problem

Thank you for the very fast and detailed answer! According to comments on the JDT link, work seem to be in progress. I'm eager to give it a try :)

Best regards,

Bruno.

> Message du 09/01/18 15:37
> De : "Fred Bricon" <fbricon@xxxxxxxxx>
> Copie à :
> Objet : Re: [m2e-users] Java 9 and JUnit problem

This is a known issue in JDT[1], which also requires some changes in m2e[2]. Until a fix is available, you can try this ugly workaround[3].

On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 8:51 AM, Bruno Freudensprung <bruno.freudensprung@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to import a very simple Java 9 Maven project with Eclipse Oxygen 2 (bundled with m2eclipse 1.8.2) and I am facing the following issue: Eclipse can’t seem to find JUnit classes. It looks like m2eclipse is only relying in the module-path to compile src/test/java.

This very simple project is exhibiting that behavior (README.md is containing code snippets and a screenshot):

https://github.com/bfreuden/java9-m2e-demo

According to these links, I have the impression that my project is correct and that Maven compiler plugin is using module-path to compile src/main and class-path to compile src/test:

https://stackjava-script.com/a/47148586/4900484

https://stackjava-script.com/questions/41366582/where-should-i-put-unit-tests-when-migrating-a-java-8-project-to-jigsaw#comment69959520_41370766

Am I doing something wrong here?

Thank you for any advice,