Re: [m2e-users] proposal for a new eclipse command and project menu entry to open the pom.xml of the current project

If it matters, I have also noticed that it feels like it should be easier to navigate directly to “project-global” files (files that affect the entire project) from the source view of a file in that project. Opening the POM is a common one I have to get to.  However, I would say the same thing about the “Project Properties” dialog. Anything that forces me to mouse over to the Project view and select my current project gets in my way.  I would do everything from the keyboard if it was convenient.

From: m2e-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:m2e-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of thomas menzel
Sent: Friday, April 21, 2017 8:47 AM
To: m2e-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [m2e-users] proposal for a new eclipse command and project menu entry to open the pom.xml of the current project

hi folks,

i was wondering if u guys would also find this new feature helpfull ?

why was i thinking of this?

a) i hardly use the mouse to navigate my UI as keyboard is way faster

b) i'm stuck now in an RCP/J2EE project with a ton of projects in my workspace with 95% using maven and thus have a pom.xml

mostly i navigate with "open resource" and then the camel case search. however, this isnt cutting it for for pom.xml, while pom.xml is short it is very tedious to pick the one for the current project from the list.

hence the idea to have a command for this:

label: Open Current Pom

and ideal place would be to have it in the project menu with the access key 'Open Current P&om'

@the devs

i'm willing to contribute this, for all if there u let me and give pointers into the code

so long

tom

Back to the top