[m2e-users] How to request automatic build and a workspace refresh after a maven plugin execution?

Hello,

I have developed some maven plugins that are using io.takari.incrementalbuild library.

They basically work with xml and text files that are copied from multiple dependency projects (workspace or repositories) and generate a zip file from them. no compilation involved. But I can have dependency between zip projects.

They are working as expected outside IDE. The incremental building seem to be working pretty good too.

But inside IDE there are some inconveniences: Every time one dependency project is somehow modified the zip creator project is triggered (that is good), but it finish with errors due to missing resources. I must call "Maven /Update project..." and some times also call F5/refresh in order to remove those errors.

I would like some advise on what and how to do in order to have the same behaviour of automatic build of a java compiler, for example.

any tip is welcomed !

best regards,

Cristiano

Back to the top