[m2e-users] Broken single-root rule: Only one <wb-resource> element with a deploy path of "/" is allowed...

I'm trying to solve some long time annoying warnings i Eclipse with Maven projects. One of them is that I get this warning:

Broken single-root rule: Only one <wb-resource> element with a deploy path of "/" is allowed for a web project or an EAR project

Googling shows that I'm not alone. I see suggestions to turn of validation and changing some default Maven pom configuration, which all seems srange to me. Should I really need to do this to get rid of this warning?

I would expect a (simple) Maven project to be ok to import into Eclipse/m2e without any additional configuration. Is there a reason behind this warning?

/Anders

Back to the top