[m2e-users] Annotation Processors

Hi,

I am trying to get familiar with writing Annotation Processors and having a difficulty with integration somewhere between maven/eclipse I think.

My setup is like so:
- Project A contains:
   - Annotation -  MyAnnotation
   - Annotation Processor -  MyProcessor
   - Service provider - src/main/resources/META-INF/services/javax.annotation.processing.Processor
This AP simply writes a mandatory warning message when the annotation is used on a class declaration.
The javax.annotation.processing.Processor contains the name of MyProcessor

-Project B contains:
   - Class B - annotated with MyAnnotation

When I compile everything from the command line - it all works well and I can see the warning generated by MyProcessor in the build output

But when I look at eclipse - I see no indication that the annotation processor is running at all. I tried installing Project A to the local repo and use it as a non-workspace dependency, but to no avail. The warning is still not showing.

Can you please help me?
I'll provide sample projects if needed

Back to the top