[m2e-users] eclipse publishing to tomcat instance doesn't filter web.xml

Hello,
I just downloaded Eclipse Java EE Neon and I have created a new Maven project, whose web.xml is filtered.

When running 'clean package' from Eclipse "Run as" --> "Maven build" the filtering takes place.

I was expecting that when publishing to the Tomcat 7 server instance inside the IDE, the filtered web.xml would end up inside the server working directory, but that's not the case, since in org.eclipse.wst.server.core/.../WEB-INF the web.xml still has the property placeholders.

As I'm pretty new to m2e-wtp, I don't have a clear idea on what to look for: I've checked the Eclipse settings, but nothing seems to be relevant to my problem.

In the FAQ page https://wiki.eclipse.org/M2E-WTP_FAQ I read about a target/m2e-wtp folder, but I don't see it in my project folders - I don't have access to the IDE 'til tomorrow, then I could provide more details.

What am I missing?

Regards
W.

Back to the top