[m2e-users] workspace resolution does not work on dependency which is assembled with maven-assembly-plugin

Hello,

I hope that I am right with my question in this mailing group J.

Summary of my problem:

I cannot work with workspace resolution in Eclipse on dependency which is assembled with maven-assembly-plugin.

Environment:

Eclipse 4.5.2

m2e 1.7.0.20160603-1933

I have following constellation in my maven projects.

Project A

·         Packaging POM

·         Build some artefacts with the maven-assembly-plugin

o   project-a-windows

o   project-a-linux

o   project-a-data

·         Add this artefacts to the result

Project B

·         Has a dependency on project-a-data

·         Build correct with Maven (clean install)

·         If I close  the project A then the project B will be build correctly

·         If the project A open then the project B is broken because it can not solve the dependency

It seems to be that the project A cannot be build with Eclipse

According to my analyze:

If I build the project with Eclipse then I will get the following message:

21.11.16, 10:28:55 MEZ: [INFO] Using NULL lifecycle mapping for MavenProject: project A id @ project A path.

Solution attempts:

·         Change packaging of project A to jar

o   Eclipse build the project according to the maven console and the artefacts will be appear.

o   21.11.16, 10:31:22 MEZ: [INFO] Using org.eclipse.m2e.jdt.JarLifecycleMapping lifecycle mapping for MavenProject: project a @ D project A path.

It seems to be that there is no LifeCycleMapping for the packaging type =”POM”. Is there a solution for this problem?

Many Thanks

Thomas

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Thomas Nikolay
Softwareentwickler / Developer
Customer Solutions - Customer Development

______________________
GK SOFTWARE AG
Office St. Ingbert

Hans-Wilhemi-Straße 4
66386 St. Ingbert
Deutschland

P +49 37464 84-9630

F +49 37464 84-15

www.gk-software.com

Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender / Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Uwe Ludwig
Vorstand/Management Board: Rainer Gläß (CEO), Andre Hergert
Amtsgericht Chemnitz HRB 19157 / Commercial Register Chemnitz HRB 19157

Hinweis zum Datenschutz
Der Inhalt dieser E-Mail sowie etwaiger Anlagen hierzu sind vertraulich und ausschließlich für den Gebrauch
durch den Empfänger bestimmt. Soweit eine Weitergabe oder Verteilung nicht ausschließlich zu internen Zwecken
des Empfängers geschieht, wird jede Weitergabe, Verteilung oder sonstige Kopierung untersagt.
Diese E-Mail ist ausschließlich für den in der Adresse genannten Empfänger bestimmt. Sollten Sie nicht der
beabsichtigte Empfänger der E-Mail sein, informieren Sie bitte unverzüglich den Absender.

This message and including any attachments, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole
use of the intended recipient(s). Review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is prohibited. If you
receive this message in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message from all computers.
Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. The sender will not accept liability for the improper or incomplete
transmission of the information contained in this Message

Back to the top