Re: [m2e-users] m2e is supposed to use proxy configuration from settings.xml only

I haven't been an committer on the project in a few years so I can't really answer whether the project would be willing to accept the changeset. Eclipse does provide a service to get the proxy information (though I did run into an instance recently where a customer was using some Eclipse setup where the service was not available), I'm not sure how difficult it would be to use that across all the points that would affect maven.

Its obviously also not going to help you if you decide to do a CLI build.