Re: [m2e-users] How to use WORKSPACE installation of maven?

I believe it looks for project(s) containing Maven (source) in Eclipse. Typically it makes it easier to test latest-n-greatest of Maven while developing on it. From my POV I don't think it is suitable for your usecase as it would require the user to have the Maven source as open eclipse (m2e) projects in their workspace.

If you want to have a good end user experience your should provide an patched m2e plugin with the maven version you want, as it would then use that maven version for dependency resolution in Eclipse as well (which it won't when you point at an external installation). Not an easy task though, which is why I always let the Maven version in m2e decide the Maven version we use on CLI as well as in CI.

/Anders