Re: [m2e-users] Risks of setting output folders to "target" for maven projects?

I've also been using the same output dir with both for many years.  The only hassle I've encountered is the rare need to clean build in Eclipse (I think only occasionally after a "mvn clean ...").  Otherwise, they cohabitate well.