Re: [m2e-users] How did I break my m2e ear plugin? M2e no longer publishes to ear-resources

Apparently this preference was added (by me) to cope with some weird eclipse behavior back in the day https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/MECLIPSEWTP-58
"Some integration tests failed for J2EE 1.4 projects under Eclipse 3.5, so I added a preference/project property page under Maven > WTP Integration, where you can choose to generate application.xml in the build dir (default setting), or in the source folders (old behaviour). "

I'd be happy to get rid of it, but if adopters like IBM rely on it, that might be an issue.