Re: [m2e-users] How to show debug messages at Maven console ?

Oh, thanks Igor it worked...

btw, it was the first time in ages that I needed to debug a plugin execution while running with m2e :)

with the log I found something curious and if you allowed me I would like to ask another question.

What I knew about m2e so far was that after a bundle/jar dependencies have resolved those ones that are opened in the workspace have artifact file property set to: project-name/target/classes.

And I thought that this behaviour was the same for every packaging type. But I was wrong, I just found that when the dependency is not a jar using a custom packaging type then the file property is set to: project-name/pom.xml instead.

the question is which options do I have in order to make m2e/maven resolve to a file other then project-name/pom.xml?

many thanks,

Cristiano

This was broken for ages. You can manually change logback configuration in .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration to debug and m2e should pick up the change, you may not even need to restart.

Igor