Re: [m2e-users] Vulnerability problem found in M2E

Thank you for responding, Matthew.

However, the problem depicted there is that it doesn't matter whether you're are serialzing/deserializing objects in runtime, having the JAR in the classpath is enough to get this exploitation on the job. Currently, m2e seems to be packaging this JAR in org.eclipse.m2e.archetype.common for both 1.4 and 1.5.

The good news is that the Apache Commons team shipped yesterday a fix for 3.x version. You can grab it from here https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-collections/download_collections.cgi

For 4.x version, they are still working on it AFAIK.

With that being said. Does this sound convincing enough to fix it in m2e? Even better, should I open a bugzilla to track this?

Thanks again.

Regards

Victor Adrian Sosa Herrera
Software Engineer - Rational Application Developer  2200 Camino A El Castillo
IBM Master Innovator  El Salto, 45680
Mexico Software Lab  Mexico
C120
Q2