[m2e-users] moving m2e to java 8 after mars

Just a heads up. I plan to change m2e minimal runtime execution
environment to java 8 for the next release after 1.6/mars.

I don't have a "killer" feature that makes java 8 absolutely required,
but I believe staying current with java language and libraries will make
m2e little more interesting to existing and future contributors.

Also, I don't expect this change will affect majority of m2e users until
Eclipse N**** yearly release sometime in June 2016, at which point
Oracle java 7 will be out of public support for 14+ months and java 7
compatibility will not be required by many.

If you have any comments or concerns, please post them here.

Igor

Back to the top