Re: [m2e-users] Eclipse multi module Maven project problems - automatic install + debugging

a) Maven is capable of resolving modules from within reactor. You need to make sure your module poms refer to the parent pom via their <parent> sections.

Hello everyone,

I'm currently developing a multi module Tapestry web application split into multiple modules:
- model
- controller
- webui
and some more.
I've put the dependencies my modules have to each other in the POM of each module.
I also made parent POM project, which just describes the modules the project is comprised of.

I've got multiple Eclipse/Maven based problems with this setup.
a) When I want to start the web application using the parent POM to look at the newest version, I have to make sure to "manually install" (context menu->Run As...->mvn install) the newest versions of my modules to the local Maven repository.
Is there a way to automatize this process, so when I run the web application on Jetty, the modules are automatically built and published to the local Maven repo?
Or can I add something to the module/parent POMs that automatizes this?

b) What is the best practice regarding the development of multi module projects and testing them locally (not in a CI environment, where I can automatize the process, of course)?

c) When I wanted to debug a single project web application before, I had to add some vm arguments to the Run configuration:
-Xdebug -agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,address=9999,server=y,suspend=n
Then I would start the application and to debug, I would start a Remote Java Application on the project.
Now, with multiple modules, it seems that I can only debug one of my modules at the time, which is very irritating because of course one request is led across the majority of my modules.
Is there another way/a best practice to debug multi module web applications or even single project web applications in Eclipse?

Hope you can help me.

Regards,
Daniel P.