[m2e-users] building into multiple directories

Hello.
I have an existing Eclipse project that I have been tasked with Maven-izing.
The current project was using the Eclipse default "build/classes" for it's output folder. When I added the m2e nature, the output folder was changed to the Maven default "target/classes". From previous experience, if I run both an Eclipse build and a Maven build (using the same output folder), then things can get confused, and I have to use some Maven-clean, Eclipse-clean, build trickery to get out of it. My question is: Is it a good/bad idea to force the Eclipse build output folder to be "build/classes", and leave the Maven build output folder to "target/classes", thereby hopefully never having the two meet and confuse each other? What could go wrong with this scenario?
Thank You, VML.

Back to the top