[m2e-users] Custom Maven Plugin and M2E.

Hello, everybody.

I've been trying my hand at writing simple plugins for Maven and so far haven't had any problem running them on the mvn command line. When trying to use these same plugins on eclipse (Luna, under m2e) I've been completely lost. I tried following instructions on[1] to no avail.

In the end I decided to try asking for help here -- and I hope it's the right place. First, I need to know if it is at all possible to have a custom plugin be ran by m2e when the eclipse auto-build feature kicks in, or while publishing a project to a development server (under Eclipse's "Servers" view). If any of these are possible, I'd really appreciate some help in figuring out how to make it happen.

I've set up two minimal projects which are, respectively, a simple timestamp-file generating maven plugin[2] and a dummy project which declares this plugin on its pom[3] on github, which we can use as a common ground on discussing this if discussion is warranted. I use those on the command line and everything's fine.

Thanks,
Alexandre Moreira

Back to the top